Thank you for visiting the Hasten Home blog! We welcome your respectful and relevant comments. In order to keep the Hasten Home blog a safe and encouraging place for children and adults alike to visit, we have the following Comment Policy in place:
1. Responsibility: Each individual commenter is responsible for his/her ideas as they choose to express them on the Hasten Home blog. While we do realize that our readers may not always agree, we do expect that if you choose to disagree in writing that you do so respectfully and with an open mind. Comments that appear to be purely argumentative or hurtful will be deleted.
2. Privacy: It is up to you whether you prefer to comment using your real name or an alias; however, all comments must adhere to our Comment Policy.
3. Moderation: All comments on the Hasten Home blog will be moderated for appropriate content and adherence to these Comment Policy guidelines. Inappropriate comments will be deleted or edited at the moderator’s sole discretion.
4. Editing: We reserve the right to edit an otherwise appropriate comment to eliminate, for example, questionable links (further discussed below in #5) or obscene language. The owners of the Hasten Home blog are under no obligation to edit a comment that fails to follow our Comment Policy, as opposed to simply refusing the comment.
5. Links: You may submit links in your comments; however, we reserve the right to remove any link to a site that is not in line with the values of the Hasten Home blog. Some examples of unacceptable sites include, but are not limited to: spam sites (sites with many pages, but offering little or no original, valuable content) and sites with objectionable material (such as, obscene or vulgar language, “adult” material, etcetera). Including a link to an objectionable site as part of your comment and/or from your user-name may be reason for immediate deletion of your comment and possible banning of future comments made by you.
6. Advertising and Spam: Comments submitted with the primary purpose of advertising a product/service/website/etcetera will be counted as spam and permanently deleted. In addition, comments submitted with meaningless, confused, or vague messages may be counted as spam and deleted, as well.
7. All Rights Reserved: The owner, editor(s), and author(s) of the Hasten Home blog reserve the right to publish, edit, delete, or refuse any or all comments made to the Hasten Home blog. We also reserve the right to accept or refuse any or all pingbacks/trackbacks. Additionally, we reserve all rights to moderate, block, or mark as spam any commenter as we deem necessary.
If you need to contact us directly, please use our convenient Contact Page.
Credit: Thank you to timethief for her suggestions on how to develop comment policy guidelines for your blog.