Whether God has called you to be a VBS leader, Sabbath School teacher, parent, or simply a friend of children, you don’t have to be in children’s ministry very long to know that this is warfare. The enemy of God is very real and is fighting to steal the hearts of the children. One of his tactics is to cause trouble in our physical equipment and surroundings.
Remember, “the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds.” (II Corinthians 10:4) We need the strength and wisdom of Heaven’s army on our side.
Whether your difficulty is a troublesome computer, a power outage–or one of a thousand other obstacles–God is able to conquer, even in this. Here are 10 Bible promises that we can claim as we pray for His mighty hand to deliver:
1. “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.” James 1:5
2. “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.” Psalm 28:7
3. “Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.” Psalm 31:24
4. “And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.” Psalm 50:15
5. “For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.” II Chronicles 16:9
6. “Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded.” II Chronicles 15:7
7. “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.” I Corinthians 15:58
8. “For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.” Psalm 84:11
9. “Who can utter the mighty acts of the Lord? Who can show forth all his praise?” Psalm 106:2
10. “For we walk by faith, not by sight.” II Corinthians 5:7
Friday, our computer crashed. The only remedy was to restore it to “original factory settings”. Thankfully, all of my photos, VBS program materials, and Hasten Home’s records were safe. However, this is Monday, and I am still battling with all the repercussions.
I am encountering difficulties in restoring several vital programs, and the alternatives are not working at all. It looks like this could be quite a long, drawn-out obstacle on our current “shoestring” budget. This is not too big for God! I would greatly appreciate if all of my readers would join with us in prayer on this issue.
The Bible is packed full of God’s promises. What are some of your favorites to claim when faced with obstacles? Do you have a story of a time that God overcame a difficult obstacle for you? Feel free to share in the comments! 🙂