10 Vacation Bible School crafts ideas for a 10 Commandments VBS theme — Phew! That’s a mouthful! 🙂 My title wouldn’t even fit in my title space so I had to shorten it up a bit.
VBS—The Land of Milk & Honey
If you are interested in using a 10 Commandments VBS theme, you will want to be sure to take a look at my VBS—The Land of Milk & Honey Vacation Bible School curriculum. VBS—The Land of Milk & Honey actually comes with detailed instructions for plenty of Vacation Bible School crafts ideas to fill up 10 days of VBS for the children in all of the VBS age groups.
VBS—The Land of Milk & Honey includes a variety of Vacation Bible School crafts ideas, like:
- Sand Art Bottles,
- a special cracker recipe (courtesy of Restoration International, to use as you speak of Sabbath preparation),
- Marble Ten Commandments,
- Treasure Chest with Promise Cards,
- and (a sure favorite with the children) Rainbow Swirling Ribbon Bands.
Possible angles for 10 Commandments crafts
That being said, I know many VBS leaders enjoy tweaking the crafts portion of their VBS programs.
There are a few angles you can take in coming up with 10 Commandments Vacation Bible School crafts ideas:
- Crafts that implement a verse (or verses) from the 10 Commandments in their design
- Crafts that remind the children of the concept behind one of the 10 Commandments (or put that concept to use in the making and/or use of the craft)
- Crafts that represent a story that illustrates the practical application of one or more of the 10 Commandments
10 ideas from around the web
So whether you just like to kind of do your own thing, or you have certain crafts materials you are hoping to be able to use, or whatever your reason… here are 10 more Vacation Bible School crafts ideas for a 10 Commandments VBS theme from around the web.
- Peg Doll Bible Stories’ 10 Commandments Heart
- Crayola’s 10 Commandments Tablets
(historic-looking, from brown paper bags) → Pin this idea.
- Sea Shell Cross Bible Craft from ChristianGamesandCrafts.com
- Craft Stick Jewelry Box from CraftsInfo.net
(would make a neat alternative to the Treasure Chest from VBS—The Land of Milk & Honey for holding some of God’s promises) → Pin this idea.
- Freshly Planted’s Cardboard & Hot Glue Rubbing Plates
(just like God’s character “rubs off” on us as we spend more time with Him) → Pin this idea.
- I-Spy Discovery Bottle from The Imagination Tree
(These directions are for a phonics bottle, but wouldn’t it be cool to use little things that represent each of God’s 10 Commandments instead?) → Pin this idea.
- 10 Commandments Folding Craft Stick Craft from Danielle’s Place
- “Valentine” Heart Envelope at Forty Weeks and Then Some
(Let the children cut out the heart and write a note to a friend or loved one; remember, kindness is the out-living of “Thou shalt not kill.”) → Pin this idea.
- Sophie’s Art: Sharpie “Stained Glass”
(photo only; It is God’s light shining through us that makes our characters beautiful!) → Pin this idea.
- Sharpie “Tie dye” bookmark from Happy Hooligans
(Be sure the plastic is cut smoothly for a Bible bookmark. This could also be a gift for the children to make to share or trade.) → Pin this idea.
What Vacation Bible School crafts ideas do you have for a 10 Commandments theme? Share your ideas and links in the comments! 🙂