As you plan your Vacation Bible School, you’re certain to have lots of great ideas that you would like to do with the children. But there is only so much time in the day at VBS! In this video Vacation Bible School tip (at the bottom of the post), I will share with you seven Vacation Bible School activities that you’ll want to be sure to include in your VBS.
I will explain a little about the reasoning behind each one in the video, as well.
In case you are taking notes, here are the seven Vacation Bible School activities, plus some links to related posts:
- Bible Stories
In the Bible stories, the children will learn some important events that happened in Bible times and/or lessons that God’s Word teaches us.
A generous selection of reproducible Vacation Bible School worksheets comes with every Vacation Bible School curriculum set from Hasten Home!
- Making the Best Use of Activity Sheets in Vacation Bible School
- Teaching children Bible–giving Bible studies
- 10 Vital Verses memory verse coloring page set
Prayers before, during, and after VBS are all vital.
In opening and closing assembly, in class-time, during memory verse review… weave in plenty of singing!
Cut and paste or build with wood, but be sure to work in some crafts!
- Preparing a low-budget shopping list for Vacation Bible School crafts supplies
- 4 Criteria for Choosing Vacation Bible School Crafts
- 10 Free or Low-Cost Vacation Bible School Craft Items
- 10 VBS crafts ideas for a 10 Commandments VBS theme
Run and breathe deep with the children. Everyone will benefit.
- 3 Mistakes to avoid in your VBS outdoor games time
- 12 Favorite Vacation Bible School Outdoor Games Ideas
The last is certainly not the least! Arm the children with the Word of God.
- 16 ways to link joy with the children’s Bible memory verses
- 7 Tips for teaching young children memory verses
- 5 Age-specific VBS memory verse tips