Today’s interview is with a child who is just two years above the age range for Vacation Bible School. Notice her answer to Question 11…This should be an encouragement to the Christian teachers out there! 🙂
Let us see what we can glean this week by taking another look at VBS from a child’s view… (My words in italics.)
1) How old are you? 14
2) What is your favorite way to learn about Jesus? Media. What do you mean by that? Cd’s and TV
3) Have you been to Vacation Bible School before? yes
4) If yes, what did you like best about it? Games. What do you think could be done differently to help children grow closer to Jesus? I don’t know. I can’t think of anything.
5) Can you think of a verse you learned at VBS? Which one? “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness which the Lord the Righteous Judge shall give me at that day, and not to me only but to all of them also which love His appearing.” 2nd Timothy 4:7,8
6) Can you think of a Sabbath School or VBS teacher you really liked? What made you enjoy him/her? Yeah. I guess that he makes the class meaningful.
7) What do you think God is like? I guess you could say, “very longsuffering”. How do you know? Reading through Judges.
9) Who is your favorite Bible person? Esther, Job, Moses, Paul.
10) What is your favorite craft you have ever done? Ever! Ever. Pressed flower creations.
11) Would you like to help out with VBS? Why or why not? Yeah. Cause I’m too old to be part of the class– and I like working with children.
12) What job do you think you would enjoy? Outdoor rec.
13) Thank you for your time!